October 11, 2010

Making Progress

I've been crocheting for a few months now.  I find it comforting to sit and stitch and have something take shape in my hands.  I loved having something to do on the plane and while watching TV.  I've made several dishcloths and I've even managed to make a scarf.  Granted it's for a little girl but it's still a scarf! 

My finished scarf
I had my third crochet lesson this past week and I'm making progress!  It only took me 10 minutes to learn double half stitch (as opposed to the 2 hours to learn the full double stitch!)  I was also able to learn how to crochet in a circle.  I'm exited about this one cause it means I can make a hat!  Or at least tempt to make a hat anyway.


My goal in learning is to make a rag rug.  I found this tutorial and I want to make one for the entry way and one for in front of the fireplace.  I think I'll make a round one for in front of the fireplace and I'm going to try to make a rectangle on for the entry way.  I've bought 4 sheets so far...now to cut them up and start to crochet them!  I think I'm going to start on the rectangle one first...I'll keep you posted on how it goes!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! I tried to crochet. I stopped at circles, they always turned into bowls. I've been working on the same blanket for...years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What progress. I am SO not ready to tackle something like a rag rug- I hope yours goes well!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!