November 4, 2010

A Month of Thanks; Seasons

I'm thankful for the different seasons.  I love watching the changes that take place during the course of the year.  I have a hard time choosing a favorite season; I love spring, summer & autumn.  I love the life bursting forth in spring, the warmth of summer and the changing leaves and crispness of autumn.  Winter is easily my least favorite season but there are still things I enjoy.  I like a good snow storm as long as I can enjoy it from inside with a cup of hot tea.



I'm thankful that the season remind me of the one who created them.  Yes, I believe in a Creator who spoke all things into being.  I love that He reminds me of this with the beauty all around me.


The song, Every Season By Nichole Nordeman captures how I feel.  If you haven't heard it, you should Google it and listen!

Every evening sky, an invitation
To trace the patterned stars
And early in July, a celebration
For freedom that is ours
And I notice You
In children’s games
In those who watch them from the shade
Every drop of sun is full of fun and wonder
You are summer 

And even when the trees have just surrendered
To the harvest time
Forfeiting their leaves in late September
And sending us inside
Still I notice You when change begins
And I am braced for colder winds
I will offer thanks for what has been and was to come
You are autumn 

And everything in time and under heaven
Finally falls asleep
Wrapped in blankets white, all creation
Shivers underneath
And still I notice you
When branches crack
And in my breath on frosted glass
Even now in death, You open doors for life to enter
You are winter 

And everything that’s new has bravely surfaced
Teaching us to breathe
What was frozen through is newly purposed
Turning all things green
So it is with You
And how You make me new
With every season’s change
And so it will be
As You are re-creating me
Summer, autumn, winter, spring

~Every Season, Nichole Nordeman 

Don't forget to link up if you've written about something you're thankful for!  You can link up here. I don't have a fancy button but I would love to read what you are thankful for!




 And on a completely unrelated note...I finally figured out how to do collages in Picasa.  The only problem is that if I make changes (like adding a border) I can't save the changes I made.  Help!  Anyone?  Please? 

1 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this post... it's a good reminder of all we really do have and to be thankful for it.
    I tagged you in a blog on my page... go check it out
    have a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!