January 24, 2011

Bruschetta

I love bruschetta.  It's an item that I usually make when The Man isn't around.  I just happened to have everything I needed on his last duty day...what better to make for dinner?  Mine is not very authentic but I like it anyway.  It's easy and yummy!

You're wondering how I make it?  Here ya go, complete with pictures:

In a bowl I mix tomato, onion, basil (fresh when I have it) and olive oil.  


 While the flavors are mingling, I toast the bread.  I like to put a little olive oil on the bread and then let the oven do the work. 


 Once the bread is toasted, I top the bread with the tomato mixture and if I have it I like to top it with cheese.

 
  Then I put it back in the oven till the cheese is melted.  Once you take it out, Enjoy! 



What do you like on your bruschetta? 


I linked to:
Home Sweet Farm
fortheloveofblogs
Dr. Laura's Tasty Tuesday Blog Hop

13 comments:

  1. Mmmm! This looks amazing! I want some right now! :D My hubby's Italian and his mom makes bomb bruschetta. She makes it exactly like you do, except the cheese. She puts a fresh slice of mozzarella on it after it's baked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm...that does look yummy. I'd even consider trying to make it today if I had any of the ingredients on hand, which I don't :( I guess I'll just think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delicious! New follower through Military Monday Blog Hop! http://sahmandusmcwife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I love bruschetta! I can only make it when my husband isn't home because he hates tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've actually never had bruschetta before! It looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm, that looks good!

    I spread some pesto on the bread before broiling it, then top it with chopped tomato and fresh mozzarella. Hubby likes to make it with chopped artichokes and parmesan cheese in lieu of tomatoes and mozzarella. But I think however you make it, you can't really go wrong with bruschetta!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks delicious... I love bruschetta! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bruchetta looks delicious and I am so hungry right now. I actually haven't tried a lot of different variations so I'll have to go with the classic. Although, the cheese guy at my local grocery store gave me a tasting with a bit of olive tepanade on it...very, very good. I am so happy to have found you via tasty tuesday blog hop and you can find me over at http://www.theskiinnyonmini.blogspot.com and at http://www.janetsjournal-inherpeace.blogspot.com Have a great day! ~Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you using fresh or dried basil? These look good I like cheese on my bruschetta.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing this recipe and linking up! I have been searching for a bruschetta recipe! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!