November 10, 2013

Giving Thanks

 

One of my favorite parts of November is being mindful of the blessings I have and am thankful for.  I know that I should always be thankful but sometimes it’s hard.  November, for me, is a perfect time to be deliberate in being thankful.  This year I’ve been sharing what I’m thankful for daily on Facebook.  I’m compiling them into a couple of blogs posts so I have one place I can look back on and remember my blessings. 

Many Waters Giving Thanks

I'm thankful for Jesus and his justification that his death bought me.

I'm thankful for my husband. He is one of God's greatest gifts to me. I can't imagine sharing life with anyone else. He's not perfect but he's perfect for me.

I'm thankful for my daughter. I have moments where I just look at her and think, wow. She's amazing and incredible and I can't believe that God gave her to me (us, really) to raise! What an awesome responsibility but what joy. I love being a mama.

I'm thankful that my mom is moving the PNW and is living with us while her house sells. I love watching her with Munchkin. I'm so thankful that they will have a close relationship.

I'm thankful that a messy kitchen means I have food to cook and a family to feed. I'm also thankful for my dishwasher that makes it easier to clean up.

I'm thankful for our minivan. It gets us around to where we need to go comfortably and we can even take friends.  It's not falling apart like our previous car and I know it will keep us safe.

I'm so thankful for coffee and hot cocoa and the person who thought it would be a good idea to mix the two.

I'm thankful for the sunshine today. It felt good on our faces at the dog park this morning.  (You don’t take sunshine for granted in the fall/winter in the PNW!)

Munchkin decided that she doesn't want to wear a shirt right now and is running around topless. I'm thankful that we switched our furnace from oil to natural gas so it's much, much cheaper to keep the house warmer so she can do this. I love being warm!

If you haven’t entered yet, you should go enter my giveaway for a Turkey Bow & Ribbon Headband…the perfect accessory for any Thanksgiving outfit!

1 comments:

  1. What a great idea to compile all of your thankfulness into a couple blogs to look back on! Thanks for linking up with the Mommy Moments Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!