This appetizer is one of my most favorite one EVER. It’s easy to make and is delicious. I only make it for Christmas because it’s not the healthiest. It’s yumminess makes up for the unhealthiness, I promise!
1 lb Ground Sausage (I like to buy the Jimmy Dean with Sage)
A tsp or two of Sage, if your sausage doesn’t already have it added
4-5 oz Cheese, cubed (originally I made it with Velveeta but that stuff is so bad for you so I tried making it with medium cheddar and it works fine and still tastes great.)
1 package Cocktail bread (you can find it in the deli section. I like to use Rye)
To Make It:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Brown the sausage in a pan, breaking it into little chunks as it cooks.
2. While it’s browning, place the cocktail breads on a cookie sheet.
3. Once the sausage is browned, drain fat if needed. Add the sage (if it’s not already in your sausage) and mix well. Once the sage is mixed in, add the cubes of cheese. Stir well to help the cheese melt and mix into the sausage. Continue to add cheese until it’s cheesy.
You might not need to add all the cheese. You want it to be very cheesy, like this:
4. Once the sausage is cheesy enough for you, spoon about a teaspoons worth on each cocktail bread.
5. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is brown and bubbly.