September 26, 2010

A Not-So-White White Chicken Chili

So while I was in grocery store I thought that white chicken chili sounded good for dinner.  I usually have most of the ingredients on hand except for salsa verde.  I picked some up and headed home.  When I went to make it for dinner I realized I was lacking a few other things...like the great northern beans and 3 heads of garlic.  We normally have that much garlic cause we buy it in bulk at Costco.  We had about 4 heads left but they were all shrunken since we didn't use them fast enough.  Oh well.  As for the beans...we had kidney and black.  I forgotten that it called for white beans (makes sense though...WHITE chicken chili).  So I decided I would just tweak the recipe a bit....

Chicken, Onion & Pepper 

So in my magic pot I put my cut up chicken, one diced green pepper and one pulverized onion (thank you Mr. food processor).  At this point I should have added 2 tbsp of Southwest Mix but I forgot...I just added it when it was done cooking.  Anyway, it all got mixed together and microwaved for 4 minutes.  I stirred it and nuked it for 6 more minutes.

The bean mixture
While that was cooking I mixed 2 cans of kidney beans, the salsa verde and a can of Rotel.  I also added 4 sliced cloves of garlic.  I added it to the chicken mixture when it was done and zapped it for 7 more minutes.

It doesn't look that great but it was tasty.  Note to self...don't let the food processor liquefy the onion next time. I like it with the Rotel...it added a nice kick to it.
The Not-So-White White Chicken Chili

1 comments:

  1. I hate not having all my ingredients! Brave you... I probably would have decided to make something else.

    Then again, I'm not a big fan of chili, though my friend gave me her recipe for this AWESOME sweet chili that I can't get enough of.

    BTW: Send on over your crock pot orange chicken recipe. I'd love to try it out.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!