September 7, 2010

Tagged...


I've been tagged by Sarah @ Mowenackie and Megan @ Megan Dub-Yuh.  So here's what happens...you answer 8 questions and than tag 8 people so they can answer the questions.

1. If you could have any superpower, what would you have? Why?
  This is a toughie.  Different times call for different powers!  It would be great to have the ability to be invisible so you can go places and no one would ever know you were there.  The other power I'd like is the power to be someplace else instantly...I like to call it the "beam me up Scotty!" power.  Sometimes the traveling is part of the fun, sometimes it's not!


http://westwing.bewarne.com/fourth/images/1WESaj02cj.jpg2. Who is your style icon?


I'm the first to admit that I don't really have a sense of style.  I wear what's comfy.  Even when I have to dress up or nicely I like to be comfortable.  But I always like what Allison Janney wore as C.J. Cregg on West Wing.  I couldn't find photos of her many great outfits, but if you watch you'll see them.




3. What is your favorite quote?

It changes from time to time, but at the moment it's Hebrews 11:1.  Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.  Also, One day at a time has been running through my head a lot lately.

4. What is the best compliment you've ever received?

 When I was teaching high school in China I had a student that was acting out, not doing his homework and basically wasting his time and his parents money at school.  I started coming down on him and even had to send him out of the classroom once or twice.  Slowly, he started doing his work, not only in my class but in other classes as well.  At the end of the year, during the oral portion of the exam he told me that I was the reason he started doing better.  He knew I cared about him because I didn't let him get away with stuff and I didn't give up on him.  He thanked me.  That was a huge compliment because many times over the course of the year it felt like I was hitting my head up again the wall and wasn't making a difference.

5. What playlist/cd is in your CD player/iPod right now?

My iPod is on shuffle for all the songs on it, all 3,000+ of 'em. 

6. Are you a night owl or a morning person?

I'm a night owl.  In college I wouldn't start doing any homework till after 11.  Now, I go to bed at the same time as my husband so we tend to go to bed early since he has to get up early.  I stay up late on duty nights and when he's gone.



7. Do you prefer dogs or cats?
Both:)  Even though I'm allergic to them, we have two cats and a dog.  Edgar, Allen and Molly keep me company while The Man is away!


Allen
Edgar


Molly


 8. What is the meaning behind your blog name?

My old cat's name is Poe and we called her Poekitten and I've used that as my online name ever since high school.  Poekitten is still alive and lives with my parents.  She's how Edgar & Allen got their names.  I was living with my parents at the time and our other cat died of a heart attack and we had to put our dog down.  I wanted another cat and my parents were ok with it.  I found Edgar and wanted to call him Ig as a nickname...so I called him Edgar.  I wanted to get another cat but my dad didn't want 3 cats in the house...he knew he'd be the one cleaning the cat boxes!  But once I told him that we couldn't have and Edgar and a Poe without an Allen, he relented.  On the condition that hew was able to pick out Allen.  We found and feel in love with Allen.  Edgar, Allen and Poe lived together for a little while till I moved out.

The Many Waters parts come from Song of Solomon, 8:7a  Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it.  It seemed appropriate since The Man is a submariner and as a result it often away.  The distance and all the water between us doesn't matter...our love stays strong.




Now I have to tag more people...


1.  Amanda @ Calm Before the Storm
2. Sierra @ The Tervo Times
3. Trooppetrie @ Troop Petrie
4. Jocyers @ Smudgeville
5.  Cat @ The C.W.
6.  Lauren @ Young but Not (Completely) Dumb
7.  Kae @ Anchors Away
8.  You!

Hopefully they'll see that I tagged them...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!