September 6, 2010

Simple Women's Daybook, September Edition

 FOR TODAY, September 6, 2010

Outside my window...is an introduction to fall.  The sky is gray and overcast.  It's doing that misty not quite rain thing that the Pac NW is famous for.  It's chilly and  I can see some leaves starting to change swaying in the breeze.

I am thinking...how did it become September all ready? 

I am thankful for...my husband.  I've been feeling a bit under the weather and he's been great taking care of me.  For medicine that helps me feel better!  And for a great weekend away with safe travel, good food, nice weather and time with the in-laws.

From the kitchen...there's some buffalo chicken soup simmering away in the crock pot for dinner.  I'm hoping The Man will bake some bread today too.

I am wearing...comfy clothes...gray pants and a t-shirt.

I am creating...not much at the moment.  My sewing room is still in disarray.  I'm going to need to get it organized soon or my head will explode with all the idea swimming around in there!

I am going...no where today! 

I am reading...Dreamers by Angela Hunt.

I am hoping...that I stop coughing up a lung soon.  That my husband has a great week at work.  That we'll be able to nail down plans for late fall (ha!)   

I am hearing...my husband eating his lunch of ramen noddles with Family Guy on in the background.  You can also hear my coughing a lot and if you strain, you can hear the cars on the highway.

Around the house...is a puppy sleeping on the sofa and two kitties sleeping on our bed.  There are new shelves downstairs and they are crying out for stuff to be put on them. 

One of my favorite things...three day weekends.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Moms and friends group starts up this week, hoping to get together with a friend if the coughing goes away and I have phone calls to make.  I don't love making phone calls but they must be made!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...well, I'm sharing two, cause I can!

With my daddy, around 82 or 83.  I love old photos!


With my daddy, 2009.

Thank you Peggy for hosting!  You can head on over to her blog to join in the fun. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!