December 13, 2010

Decorations

I love Christmas.  It's my favorite time of year, even it is often freezing outside.  I usually like to decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving.  I wasn't able to this year and it felt weird.  I felt like I was so behind!  Once I finally got home I lacked the motivation to put them up.  Partly because I was late putting them up and partly because I was going to be the only one at home to enjoy them.  It took me a few days to get them up but I'm glad that I did.  I'm enjoying having them up.  It's our first Christmas in our new house and I love have the lights and other decorations up.  I would enjoy it more if The Man was here but he'll be home for Christmas.  I'm so thankful for that!

In my office area of the living room.

My wreath that my cousin made.  It drove cross country with me and survived being manhandled in CA.  I love my ME/NH wreath...it's a little bit of home.

My nativity set.  I got it while living in Viet Nam.  It was hand carved by boys that used to live on the street.  They were taught to carve as a way to earn a living.  I love that it has a water buffalo!

 Our fake Christmas tree.  When we got married The Man said we would NEVER have a fake tree.  Well, never say never.  I wasn't going to go cut one down by myself and with money a little tight this year thought that a fake tree would be best.  I had bought this one a few years ago and it was my parent's house.  So we stuffed it in the car and it also came cross country with me!  I know the star is falling off but I'm too short to fix it.  The Man can do it when he gets home.

I got the wreath for free and added the poinsettias and cranberries.  It's still kinda ugly but it's working for me this year.  I think it's perfect about the sofa.  This also came cross country came with me in the car.  I'm amazed by what my mom fit in the car!

Miss Molly loves being home.  She also loves using my stuffed Pooh & Eeyore as pillows.

Our coffee table.  The doily was my grandmother's.

Since our tree was half the size of the one we had last year, I didn't have room for all our ornaments.  I took the bulbs from our childhood and put them a basket.

A friend made this for me in college...it still makes an appearance every year.

I have more things in our dining room and plenty that didn't get put out this year.  We have more decorations than any couple married for a year and half should have.  I had a lot from when I lived on my own before we were married and The Man was able to get what he wanted from his parents last year.  We have lots.  and lots.  It amazes me that we have all this stuff that we use once a year.  I love it all too much to get rid of it.

What are your favorite Christmas decorations that you put out every year?

4 comments:

  1. I love your Christmas decorations. I'm a new follower....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You're right about having a lot of stuff for relatively newly married. We only have enough ornaments to decorate about 3/4 of our 3 foot tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe your house looks so cute! I have an ice skating rink that my grandmother gave me, and it Christmas wouldn't be complete if that wasn't up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just hopped by to say Hi
    Your tree looks just lovely, and I am sure you will not be the only ones not having a real tree this year, money is tight everywhere. My favourite decoration is my door wreath, it is red and made from wood curls.I am a new follower of your blog and I would love it if you could folow me back.
    Wishing you a Happy Christmas an a fun filled new year.
    Helen x
    www.acraftykindoftruffle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!