February 28, 2011

February Blessings

February has been a pretty good month.  Some of the highlights and things I'm thankful for:

~Candy & Flowers on Valentine's Day...even though we said we weren't going to buy anything for each other (The Man got two bags of smarties, his current candy addiction)

~Quality time with The Man.  He's not home much between work (work days have become longer and duty days more frequent), meetings, coaching, doing trustee stuff at church (he's become BFF's with the sump pump) and rehearsal for the show he's in.  We're not getting a lot of time together but we're making the most of what we do get!

~A random S.I.Q. day.  For those of you that aren't familiar with military jargon, it means sick in quarter...basically it's a sick day.  It was unexpected due to some minor oral surgery and we enjoy having a day together.  Granted The Man slept till noon but he needed it.  I enjoyed just having him in the house!

~Great training in Portland.  My company provided some home office training and several of us car pooled down.  It was a fun day away and I learned a lot.

~The Man getting some me time.  I've been working for some of the time that The Man has been able to get home.  I'm glad that we was able to just relax at the house.  He got some projects done around the house...putting a new light in the sewing room, hanging some candle holders, putting in a dimmer switch in the dining room.  Little stuff that he just hadn't gotten to.  Doing stuff like that relaxes him so it's a win-win situation!

~I'm babysitting for a family in our church 2 days a week while her parents are working.  The little girl is adorable and is a very happy 1 year old.  I'm happy to be earning a little extra money while helping out friends!

~My dad is home!  Mom's still a little stressed but dad's home and doing pretty well.  His feet are still swollen and they are trying to get some weight on him but overall he's doing well.  Mom too.


What are you thankful for this month?

1 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear that your dad is home... and you got some time with The Man.
    YAY for getting projects done around that house, and double yay that you didn't have to do them :0)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!