March 11, 2011

It's Friday!

I was going to have this post done last night and scheduled to post but we lost the internet last night.  It was very windy here yesterday so I wasn't surprised when the internet stopped working!  It happens.  It's nothing compared to the images I've seen of Japan this morning.  I knew nothing about it until I read a few statuses on Facebook.  Once I saw the images online and on TV, I'm sitting here in shock.  I can't even begin to imagine what it's like there.  My prayers are with Japan.  I'm not sure where the US bases are in relation to the damage but they are also in my prayers.

On to the Friday Fill In questions.  If you'd like to participate, head over to Wife of a Sailor to link up...and say hi to Wifey!  I think she could use some love...

1. During military separations (whether short or long) how do you keep yourself positive and motivated? 

I like to stay busy.  During DH's last deployment (we were engaged) I taught full time, started my own business, planned a wedding and spent as much time with family & friends as possible. 

2.  What is your favorite concert you have ever been to?

I"m not sure.  I really enjoyed the Rock and Worship Roadshow this past weekend and Creation was pretty great too.  I really enjoy Toby Mac in concert.  Dave Matthews Band was also great when I saw them back in college.

3.  What do you miss most about your “hometown”?

Being close to family & friends. 

4.  If you could run in any race, which charity would you choose to support?

The chances of me running in any race is slim to none!  There are several charities I would be willing to support...Compassion, helping raise money for  missions or adoptions, for wounded military, for animals...

5.  You find out Willy Wonka is your father, what 3 course meal do you INSIST he create in that stick of gum?

This is a great question!   I think I'd ask for two...one that starts with buffalo chicken wings, then some grilled pizza topped with fresh basil and garlic.  I'd end this one off with a chocolate lava cake.  Yum!  The second one would have a bruschetta followed by The Man's stuffed pork chops with some potatoes and a veggie followed by a chocolate peanut butter pie.  I"m now hungry and need to go eat breakfast.  Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Poe- I've heard from my friends in Yokota and Yokosuka. They are okay. Not sure about Misawa, which is in an area near the tsunami.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I were just reading about the "supermoon" and the natural disasters that may occur because of it, and then we wake up and hear that there's been a tsunami. So sad.

    But on a happier note, that gum of yours sounds tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would think, after reading these 'meals' all day, I would have an idea for dinner. But I don't :) Porkchops do sound yummy though!

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!