March 19, 2011

Thoughts for Today

I haven't done a Simple Woman's Daybook in awhile and thought that today would be a good day for one.  It's a gorgeous Saturday and I'm unexpectedly at home.  It's the little things!

FOR TODAY,

Outside my window...it's nice and sunny.  Spring is starting to arrive and I'm enjoying a break from the rain.

I am thinking...about what I need to do for my party tonight.  I'm also trying to figure out why my lower back is bothering me.

I am thankful for...the fact that The Man is on leave!  His schedule has been really hectic for the past month and I feel like we've been ships passing in the night this past week.  Or maybe it's passing during the day since I've only seen him at late at night.  We'll be staying at home because he still has stuff at night but he'll be home during the day.  I'm very glad I set my own work schedule!

From the kitchen...nothing at the moment.  But I'm making creamy lemon-pesto Chicken & linguine at the party tonight.  It's so yummy.

I am wearing...comfy clothes...gray yoga pants, a red fleece and furry flip flop slippers.

I am creating....stuff in my head.  I have a few wall hangings coming together in my head as well as some baby gifts.

I am going...to Salem, OR (soon) to celebrate my mother-in-laws birthday.  I know Miss Molly is looking forward to it too...she loves to ride in the car.

I am reading...Little Women.

I am hoping...for a few things.  I'm going to keep them in my head for now.

I am hearing...Bones season 4 is on in the background.  I also hear Alleycat getting into papers that he should be leaving alone.  He likes to explore and it sometimes gets him in trouble!

Around the house...fur.  I need to vacuum again even though I did yesterday.  There's also some clutter I should get rid of.

One of my favorite things...warm green ginger tea.  Reading on my kindle.  Getting kitty cuddles and some puppy love.  Getting kisses from The Man when he come home.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Spend time with The Man!  I'm babysitting on Tuesday and Thursday all day but the other days will be at home.  I have several things I'd like him to do around the house.  If the weather is nice hopefully we'll be able to take Miss Molly out to play.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Ha Noi, Viet Nam 2005
If you'd like to read more or do your own, head over to The Simple Woman's Daybook.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh that chicken recipe sounds like it would be so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we could all benefit from taking a little time out to pause and relish in the simplicities of life. After all, they are so often overlooked in the every day rush. This is a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!