March 19, 2012

Unexpected Company

I had some unexpected company this weekend and I must say it was amazing.  Wondering who was here?  My husband!  I know, he’s not really company since he lives here.  I was expecting him to be gone so I was really happy when I got a call Friday morning that he would be home all weekend!

Not only did we have Saturday and Sunday, but we had Friday too! That almost NEVER happens.  We were supposed to have most of Friday before he left on Saturday.  I’m so thankful that they didn’t take Friday away and he still got to come home for most of the day!  I was even more excited cause this was his duty free weekend so no duty either.  The timing was perfect too, since I’ve been away for about two and half weeks. 

Friday was our most active day.  We went out to lunch, took the pups to the dog park and then went to the home show in town.  We then took a quick cat nap since he had rehears2012-02-26 12.52.39al and I had a Scentsy party to go to.  I am still in need to naps these days since Munchkin doesn’t seem to want to give me my energy back.  That’s ok, I like naps!

Since our sleeping in time in limited, we took advantage of a free Saturday morning and slept in.  Then we ran a few errands.   After that The Man worked on the nursery while I took a nap.  Yup, I was still able to sleep after sleeping in!  The nursery is looking great.  I’ll have to do a post on it soon!  Then we had a low key evening.

Sunday was church and some more errands.  I napped again while he worked on the nursery.  Is anyone else seeing a trend here?  I wonder if Munchkin is growing cause I’m exhausted and ready to sleep just about all the time.  The Man had rehearsal again so I made a homemade chicken pot pie for dinner.  We ate it while watching Amazing Race.  Perfect ending to a great weekend!

How was your weekend?

8 comments:

  1. So glad you guys had a whole weekend together.  And I'm not pregnant but could still take a nap everyday!  Sometimes I think having MS must be what it feels like to be pregnant in regard to fatigue!  Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect weekend to me. Looking forward to pics of the nursery. :) 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a great time with your husband, and I look forward to seeing your nursery pics!  :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That sounds like a great weekend. Can't wait to see how the nursery is coming along. And enjoy those naps while you can get them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a perfect weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got to spend time with him, instead of without him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too. But I'm now at the point where I want him to leave so he can come home again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think naps are good for everybody! I think it should be a part of a normal day:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!