June 14, 2012

Easy Lasagna Roll-Ups

Often when I’m cooking I like to wing it.  I usually have a general idea of what I want the end result to be and I just go from there.  I enjoy looking at cookbooks but actually following the recipe exactly? Not so much.  I usually don’t measure and just eyeball it.  I know some people freak out at the idea of that and if you’re one of those people, this recipe is probably not for you.  If you would like a recipe to follow, try this one.  I saw this on pinterest and got the idea to make them.  I just saw the picture and thought “I can make those!” so I did. 




Ingredients:2012-06-13 16.27.20
1. Lasagna noodles, cooked according to package directions
2. Sauce
3. Cheese. I used Colby-Jack, Parmesan and Cheddar.  I did not use Ricotta because I was only making a few and didn’t want to waste the cheese. 
4. Parsely flakes
Steps:
1.  Mix your cheese together.  I used about a cup of shredded Colby-Jack cheese and then shredded some parmesan cheese into it.  I didn’t think it looked like enough so I grated some Cheddar cheese we had into it.  I also added some parsley flakes.  I just eyeballed it.  This is what my cheese mixture looked like:
2012-06-13 16.34.48
2.  Lay the noodles out.  I used a cutting board.  Spread some of the sauce on it.  Use the amount that looks good to you.  I don’t like dry lasagna so I used a lot.
2012-06-13 16.46.05
2.5.  At the last minute I decided to ass some of the leftover hamburger I had in the fridge.  It was seasoned with taco seasoning but it still tasted good.  You could also add veggies or other meats…it’s up to you!  I only had enough for 2 so my other 4 rolls were only cheese.
2012-06-13 16.46.29
3.  Add cheese
2012-06-13 16.46.58
4.  Roll up and place in baking dish.  You can use a glass dish if you want.  I used a round deep baker because I wasn’t going to be making many, only 6.  I thought I would be able to fit all 6 in it and maybe if I squished them I could have.  Instead I just put in 3 and put 3 in another piece of stoneware.
2012-06-13 16.49.42
5.  Cover with more sauce and cheese.
2012-06-13 16.50.16
6.  Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and it looks done.
2012-06-13 17.18.45
7.  Dish up on your plate and enjoy!
2012-06-13 17.19.20
I really, really enjoyed these.  The parsley flakes really helped them to taste like lasagna without the ricotta cheese.  They are really easy to make and I’m excited to eat them for lunch tomorrow! 

12 comments:

  1. I may have to try these they look yummy. Of course I'll have to buy noodles as I now use the non-cooked ones for lasgna as they are so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat idea. I'll have to try this. Pinning to my Pinterest board. Thank for linking up on Traffic Jam Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for pinning and visiting:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a non-recipe that I think I could actually follow. Thanks for sharing on the weekend re-Treat link party!


    Britni @ Play. Party. Pin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM!! Pinned!!! These look so yummy and fairly easy too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're yummy and easy. I always think that they take a long time to make but they don't:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for coming by; sorry it's taken me 3 months to respond! I can be a bad blogger sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pasta and cheese...what's not yummy in that combo?!? Hehe. They are easy, so that's a win too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never met him but I'm going to say yes, he'll love them:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a dream last night about making these! I'm going to have to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehe! Now you HAVE to make them:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!