Well, for me anyway. There are times when I get into a food rut. I really enjoy eating one particular thing and keep eating it until I don’t want to see it again for a long time. With the gestational diabetes it’s gotten a little harder. I’ve been eating a lot of the same things because it’s easier since I already know how many carbs are in it. The downside is that it gets a little boring.
So on a duty night I was stuck on what to have for dinner. I decided bacon sounded good and figured scrambled eggs would go well with it. I have to be in the right mood for scrambled eggs and didn’t want just plain scrambled eggs. I thought about adding fruit but that wouldn’t give me enough carbs. Then I had (what I thought was) a brilliant idea. I’d make a breakfast wrap! I’ve been eating wraps a lot because they have 25 carbs per a tortilla and that’s about half of what I need for lunch and dinner. Adding eggs would make it different than the bean and cheese “quesadilla” I’ve been eating.
Since I wanted my bacon on the side I decided to use some of the Canadian bacon I bought for egg sandwiches (ran out of English muffins so it’s just been sitting in the fridge.) Here’s what I did:
1. Cooked the regular bacon so I could still enjoy it. I like mine extra crispy so I tend to let it burn. So yummy!
2. Cut up some strawberries and defrosted some frozen mango for 30 more carbs to round out my meal. Munchkin and I have been loving fruit, especially mango. I’ve had to cut back so this was a perfect chance to enjoy some!
3. Once the bacon was done, I cooked the Canadian bacon on the same frying pan. Once they were browned on both sides, I lined them up on my tortilla.
4. I added some sour cream on top of the Canadian bacon for a little extra flavor. Next time I would put the sour cream on first but it was an after thought.
5. In the same frying pan I scrambled two eggs. I added some salt and pepper and well as some cut up green onion. I love me some green onion! When they were done I put them on top on the sour cream.
6. Then I topped the eggs with some cheese. I had a few grape tomatoes hanging around so I cut them up and put them on top.
7. I realized that I had to much filling. This is a common problem for me so I decided to eat it more like a taco than a wrap.
Here’s what I ended up with:
The end result was delicious. This might be a new go to meal while DH is gone!
Do you have an easy, favorite meal when it’s just you for dinner?