October 8, 2012

A Surprising New Love

I have a new love and it’s kinda surprising, at least to me. I know it will be to some family members too!  I’m finding that I LOVE cloth diapering Munchkin.  The dipes are just so cute, from the cow print to the pretty love lace.  Cloth diapers are also called fluff and I love her fluffy butt!  It’s just too cute.  I never knew that diapering your baby could be fun but it is!

I was very overwhelmed in the beginning.  Cloth diapering has it’s own lingo and there are so many options, from pockets to AIO’s to prefolds.  I decided that pockets seemed like a good idea and would be pretty easy.  I stocked up on them when I could.  I have some brand new ones and some used ones.  I joined a cloth swap group on Facebook for my area.  This has been a great resource and I’ve learned so much from those who have experience cloth diapering.  My mom also had some prefolds that they didn’t end up using with me 32 years ago.  I also picked up a few more prefolds, snappis and covers off the swap.  To my surprise I am LOVING using prefolds. 

My friend joycers gave me some cloth diapers as well.  Back in the day she had two in diapers so it’s quite the stash!  They’re fitteds and at first I was unsure about them.  I was really wanting to do pockets and I didn’t know if I would use them.  Well, I’ve broken them out and they are awesome!  Between the prefolds and the fitteds I don’t have to buy any more pockets because they fill out the stash quite nicely.  I’ll probably still get more pockets because they’re fun and I’ll be able to get used ones cheap from the swap group.

I’ve also started dabbling in wool to use with the prefolds and fitteds. Wool is great as a diaper cover because it allows for air flow 2012-10-02 17.11.27(helping keep rashes down) and it naturally absorbs liquid well.  I was intimidated by it and the fact that it has to be lanolized.  Once I watched a video on YouTube on how to do it I saw how easy it is I decided to jump in. I’ve made some wool longies and a soakers out of sweaters.  It’s just so much fun!  I love the options that are available.  There really is something for everyone on any budget.

 

I know I can’t be the only one who loves to cloth diaper!  Who else is with me?  What’s your favorite part of cloth diapering?

6 comments:

  1. My sister is going to start cloth diapering (I do not have children yet) and she has heard so many wonderful things about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To everyone out there my daughter is amazing!!! She just sees things and makes them and my granddaughter has one amazing mom!!! The diapers are so cute and now the wool longies, what can I say but awesome. I love you so much for being you, creative, and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that I'm not the only one:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, thanks mom:) My model is pretty cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great! I hope she enjoys it:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!