February 12, 2013

Homemade Teething Biscuits

I had been meaning to buy teething biscuits but when I found this recipe I thought thought why buy them when I can make them?  P2090405The ingredients are easy and you should have most, if not all, of them on hand. 

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups of flour

1/2 cup baby cereal (I used oatmeal)

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 cup oil

1/3 to 1/2 cup water

Preheat oven to 350.

1.  Stir flour, baby cereal and salt together.  Add oil and blend well.  Add enough water to make the dough the consistency of pie dough.

2.  Gather the dough into a ball.  Roll it about a 1/8-1/4 inch thick.  Cut into desired shapes.  I used cookie cutters and did heart for Valentine’s day.  Munchkin can hold on to them well.  I also did small ones in the letter of her first name but I think they are too small.  Well, for now anyway!

3. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for about 1 hour or until the biscuits are crisp and golden.  I only cooked mine for about 40 minutes and a few of them were starting to look burned.  Just watch and see the first time you make them.

4.  Give them to your little one and watch them go to town!  Be ready cause it is messy.

P2090406

I put half in the freezer because I’m not sure how quickly we’ll go through them.  Munchkin LOVES them we’ll probably be going through them pretty quickly!

1 comments:

  1. So great to see a recipe for teething biscuits with no sugar in them!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!