May 31, 2013

Over Reaction

So yesterday afternoon we were playing with munchkin on our new leather loveseat.   It has two recliners and we were playing with them, enjoying the newness.  We had Munchkin up with us and she was having a great time.  Then I noticed what looked like a bug bite on her wrist.  I mentioned it to The Man that we should keep an eye on it.  A few minutes later we noticed that there was a long one about mid arm and another on her upper arm and they were all red.

The Man was more concerned that I was and Urgent care 1he started looking all over her body.  He found another one on her left check.  It was nap time so we decided to put her down for a nap in her diaper so we could check on her while she was sleeping.  DH wanted to take her to Urgent Care but I said let’s wait and see if anymore appear.  I was nursing her before she fell asleep and before my very eyes I saw these red marks appear on her skin.  So I called to The Man and decided we’d take her to Urgent Care.  That’s why we have insurance, right?

There was no one at Urgent Care when we got there and we didn’t wait very long. We noticed that the first spot we noticed on her hand was gone and the long one was fading.  After a few minutes we got taken back and they took her vitals.  She did so well and thought that her bracelet was for her to chew on.  We were taken to another room and we waited for a little but.  She was a happy baby and Urgent careplayed with some of the toys I brought.  the doctor came in and told us it was was an allergic reaction.  It could be from the new loveseat.  Basically when something rubs along her skin with pressure her body reacts but becoming red and raised.  After about 10-20 minutes it goes away.  He said we can give her some Benadryl if it gets too bad.

So I guess as first time parents we might have over reacted.  I figure it’s better to be safe than sorry and know that it’s not serious.  It was nice that our first trip to Urgent Care wasn’t for something too serious.  It was a good way to break us in!

Urgent care 2

8 comments:

  1. I think you did the right thing by going and having her checked. Glad she is ok!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would scare me too! Penny broke out into hives after a bug bite and it was a rough couple hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely have gone to Urgent Care for that too, be it my first child or third!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Me too. Now to just keep an eye on her in case her allergy gets worse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Penny! Hives are yucky for adults, never mind kids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) I was ok until it showed up on her chest. I'm so thankful she's fine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do not think that it was an overreaction at all! I would have taken my kid in for it in a heart beat. there was no telling what it was from.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad she's ok!! Good thing she had that hospital bracelet to keep her occupied! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!