July 29, 2013

Those Days

It’s been one of those days, coming on the heels of other similar days.  Days where you wake up exhausted and spend the day feeling like you accomplish nothing as there is always more clothes to wash/fold/put away, more meals to prepare and more dishes to wash.  There are animals who want your attention, not to mention the little one who only wants you to play with little people, to read the same book over and over, to tickle and snuggle and kiss and who fights naptime with every fiber in their little body. Motherhood is exhausting and never ending. 

There are moments when I feel inadequate, like I’m not enough, like I’m failing.  Then my baby wraps her arms around me and snuggles into my neck, I realize that to her, I am enough.  I am not failing and I am her safe place.  As her mom, I am comforter and fixer of all things.  In that moment, everything else fades away and I’m holding that little body close, and all is right in my world.  I whisper a Thank You to God, for this precious little one and ask for the strength to keep going.  It’s not in my ability, but in his strength that this calling of motherhood will be accomplished.  I know, without a doubt, that I cannot do this on my own.

snuggle

The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
 but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

Isaiah 40:28-31

 

 

Linking up with:

Mommy Mondays

4 comments:

  1. That first part sounds exactly like a post I was writing this morning. It's so tiring sometimes, but it's also pretty amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up! That is one of my favorite verses! I need reminders from those sweet cuddles too. I NEVER get all the laundry and cooking and cleaning done that I would like

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww you ARE enough! It is very hard some days but just know you are definitely not alone!


    Thanks for linking up with Mommy Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are enough! You love your daughter unconditionally and want the best for her and that's what matters most

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!