September 24, 2014

Visiting The Tillamook Cheese Factory

When mom said she wanted to go to the Oregon Coast, she mentioned that she wanted to visit the Tillamook Cheese Factory.  Since I’ve been wanting to visit too, it worked out perfectly.  We love Tillamook cheese and their other dairy products.  I’ll admit I will buy store brand cheese but when there’s some room in the budget Tillamook is what we get.  I had never had it or heard of it until moving to the West Coast but it’s quickly became a favorite of mine.  It’s just so tasty!

Many Waters Visiting the Tillamook Cheese Factory




Since we were staying in Seaside, OR, the factory was a little over an hour away.  We didn’t mind the drive as we got to see some gorgeous coastal scenery along the way.    We even stopped at a scenic viewpoint to take in the beauty.
Many Waters Oregon Coast

If you’re driving down 101 it’s hard to miss the factory.  It’s RIGHT THERE.  We got there about 10:30 am on a Friday and it’s wasn’t too crowded, which was nice.  We took the elevator up to the tour floor since Munchkin was wanting to ride in the stroller.  We saw the milk vats and watched them vacuum pack some cheese.  It was pretty interesting even if the tour was self guided and not a ton to see.  I think it’s still worth the trip.  Plus, once you go back downstairs you get free cheese samples.  YUM!  The vintage sharp white cheddar was my favorite.  SO GOOD!

Many Waters Milk Vats

After we bought some cheese, pepperoni and some other goodies, we got lunch.  I had to have a grilled cheese and tomato soup, even though that’s no GD friendly (ssshhh!  Don’t tell on me!)  It was very much worth the cheat as it was super yummy.  I was going to get some ice cream too (go big or go home!) but I didn’t have room.  Boo.  While Munchkin didn’t eat much she did enjoy some chocolate milk and her new friend, Tillamook the cow.  She’s been carrying him everywhere with her.  We even had to take him to the beach!

Many Waters Tillamook Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup

Many Waters Tillamook the Cow

We were there for an hour and a half to two hours, including eating lunch.  Before leaving we pressed some pennies, looked around the gift shop and took some photos with the Baby Loaf van.  There was a video but we didn’t watch it…maybe next time!  I think it’s worth the visit, especially if you like cheese.  It was starting to get crowded as we were leaving around 12:030.  I was glad we got there when we did.  It will be fun to bring Punkin in a couple of years!  We will definitely be back.

Many Waters Baby Loaf

The second best part was the cheese and summer sausage we snacked on later that day. SO. GOOD.  So, so, good!

Many Waters Cheese and Pepperoni

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, I love cheese. That plate of sausage and cheese has me drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheese is so super yummy:) That plate was delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would die and go to heaven if I ever visit that place. I LOVE Tillamook cheese! And summer sausage? YUM!! (Is that on the okay list for pregnancy or do you have to heat it up? Totally don't care if you didn't—I usually get to a point in my pregnancy where I just don't care anymore...I'm hoping that comes soon, because goodness, that looks good!)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!