July 10, 2010

I'm going to need more room

I've found a new hobby and I'm going to need more room to store yarn.  I think I should blame my friend J.  She makes AMAZING items.  You don't believe me?  Check out her stuff.  Look at this one and this one too.  She's a great knitter/crocheter (though she'll argue with you).

So on one hot PNW (Pacific Northwest) afternoon, (while we were watching her adorable kids cool off in the pool while trying to keep Miss Molly out of the water) she taught me how to crochet.  I had a hard time getting starting....I was twisting the yarn and my stitches were all different sizes.  I must have started over again at least 15 times.  After about an hour I had had enough and put it away for the day.  The next day I took got the yarn and hook and settled down to watch some West Wing.  I managed to get started and was so much easier this time!


The first two rows are the hardest...once you get to the third row it's a breeze.  You get into a rhythm and there's something calming about it.  You just keep going and before you know it you have a bunch of rows done!



Of course I must have help...I can do no project alone.


Alley Cats can't have all the fun, so Iggymans had to check out what I was doing too.  Miss Molly could have cared less.


Once the boys lost interest I was able to finish much easier.  It's not perfect but for a first try I don't think my dishcloth is bad!



Ok, so now I need to get better at crocheting.  After that I'm going to learn to knit.  At some point I want to learn the art of canning...and to have stuff to can I need to have a garden (we'll see how that goes.).  Pickles and jam are on the list of items to be canned (someday).

Can you think of any other hobbies I should try? 
Are there any hobbies you'd like to learn?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!