October 12, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

I haven't done the day book in a while.  I enjoy using the prompts to gather my thoughts.  If you'd like to participate, please head over to Peggy's site to link up.



FOR TODAY, October 12, 2010

Outside my window...the sun is shining through the windows.  I can see the leaves turning on the trees- there are some yellows and just a tiny bit of red.  I can she the sun shimmering on the water in the sound.

I'm thinking...how nice it is to have my husband home for the morning; I love surprises!  I'm also thinking about what I'm doing today...going to the post office, touching up the paint in the sewing room, doing some crocheting and trying to figure out what to make for dinner!

I am thankful for...the things I listed in this post.  My husband, our family, that we have shelter and food and clean drinking water.  I"m thankful I have a God who loves me.

From the learning rooms...I'm still practicing my crocheting.  

From the kitchen...The Man added a cabinet next to the stove and I'm loving the extra counter space.  I've decided on meatloaf for dinner.  I have meat thawing and sauce cooking in the crock pot (I use sauce instead of ketchup in my meatloaf.)

I am wearing...black and white yoga pants and a red t-shirt. 

I am creating...a creative space in my sewing room.  I need to finish painting the trim and The Man needs to finish up the crown molding.  I can't wait till it's done and I'm able to sew and craft to my hearts content.

I am going...to be cooking dinner later, working on my Halloween doily and playing with the puppy.  I'll also be spending time on the computer...too much probably!

I am reading...the bible.  A book on prayer.  I'm in need of something new to read.  Any suggestions?

I am hoping...that we can buy planes tickets soon. 

I am hearing...Miss Molly licking her paws even though I keep asking her to stop.  Her allergies must be acting up.

Around the house...is an improved kitchen, a sewing room that's coming together and the rest of the house that needs to be vacuumed.  The pantry is cluttered and it's starting to get to me...I may declutter it later today!

One of my favorite things...spending time with my husband

A few plans for the rest of the week: Tomorrow the puppy & I will spend some time with friends, Bible study, finishing up the sewing room, and crocheting.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


The new cabinet, counter tops and 1/2 wall in my kitchen.  It's not finished but I'm loving it!  Thanks baby:)

1 comments:

  1. I have recently finished the 2nd book in the series "Christ the Lord" by Ann Rice. Yes, Ann Rice. She is a born again Christian now and the series is a fascinating take on the person Jesus could have been and the life he might have lead. Really enjoyed them... if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!