February 11, 2011

Be Joyful


When I saw that For The Love of Blogs was hosting a be joyful link up, I knew I wanted to participate!  (By the way, if you haven't been to FTLB, you need to go check it out.  Go.  NOW!)

Before I share what brings me joy, I want to talk about it a little bit.  Joy is different from happiness.  Happiness is dependent on situations, what's going on now.  Joy is different, deeper.  It can be a choice.  To me, happiness is more wishy washy while joy is (can be) more constant.  I strive to find my joy in God and in the blessings He has given me.

I get great joy from:
The Man brings me great joy...even when I'm annoyed or frustrate with him.  I am so blessed to be his wife.

Family brings me joy too!  My parents are amazing and so is my extended family.  I'm super excited that my cousin-who-is-more-like-a-sister is due any day now with a son, Matthias.  He's joining an older brother and three older sisters.  They can't wait to be able to play with their new brother.  I also have great aunts and uncles...and in-laws too!
What brings you joy?

 

8 comments:

  1. I love that picture of you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coasting through life and maintaining a business during this rough economy tends to minimize too many simple joys that used to peek out from every corner.

    But, I'm hopeful; you have to at least hold onto that.

    Right now, joy is in the faces of my Grandchildren and.. when they tell me..."You're the best cook in the world...just don't tell Mommy we said that".

    I won't tell a soul....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post! Very very awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's soooo true, my hubby does bring me joy, even when i get frustrated with him, i couldn't imagine life without him! and all my family live in other states so i so understand how important and wonderful our families are!!
    oh and that pic of you and your hubby is precious!

    Hillary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful wedding pictures! You look so happy in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that I have had a few minutes to peek through your blog, I am amazed at how much we have in common! My hubby and I met through an online dating thing too! Also, I was a Pampered Chef consultant a few years back, and loved it! I still love the products. Flip flops are my favorite foot accessory and I love tea too (sweet tea, but tea nonetheless)! Not to mention that you were a teacher, and I am a teacher. Sheesh! Anyway, have a great weekend Poe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure he feels just as blessed ~ FTLOB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect! Husband and family do bring me the most JOY! :) Thanks so much for linking up! Hope you have a happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!