March 23, 2011

My Song...Summertime

It was nice and warm today here in the Pacific Northwest. I opened my sun roof (it might be a moon roof...I don't know the difference) and had the windows down....pure bliss. I'm so ready for spring and summer.

This is my number one song on my summer play list. You know the the one I'm talking about. The one you listen to with all the windows down and the volume up LOUD. To me, Summertime by DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince screams summer...and not just because of the title. I love the beat. The song might date me but I've loved it ever since it came out. I can sing the whole thing, much to the amusement of The Man. I've even used it in the classroom...I had my kids listen to it when we were talking about different music genres.



Sorry for the video quality...it's all I could find on YouTube.

10 comments:

  1. I am in Ft Lewis. It was so beautiful here today too!!! We enjoyed time at the park :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Perfect song! I mean, who doesn't love Fresh Prince of Bel Air? I'm getting my groove on right now to this song!

    Thanks for linking up again this week!

    Sending more warm, sunny days your way all the way from CA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everytime I hear this song I want to head to the beach and lay out. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Niiiiiice! I haven't heard this in forever! We had a crappy cold storm hit overnight, but the sun is out now...I'm thinking I might have to go for a drive with my windows down just so I can blast this to show Spring who I REALLY love (SUMMER!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! I love Fresh Prince! I haven't heard this song yet, but I may have to add it to my summer playlist now! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this song! It always makes me want to relax in the sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes! I am from Florida and every time my girls and I would drive to the beach in the summer this is definitely the anthem!

    Btw I am new to your blog thanks to Amber and this Link-Up. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great song!

    The difference between a moon roof and a sun roof are this: a moon roof is like a window... it's got the glass that slides open and closed. A sunroof is just the metal/top of the car that slides back and forth. Hopefully that makes sense, and at least that's what I think they are! I'm not 100% sure now that I'm typing that out...haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for another beautiful day in the Pacific Northwest :) We flew home to high 70's and then it snowed today - gotta love the Midwest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun song! Holy cow, I haven't heard it in sooo long!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!