It’s delicious! I inhaled it like it was going out of style. The best part is that I made it at home and it was super easy. Would you believe it took about 15-20 minutes with prep and cooking?!?! I can’t take credit for this recipe thought. I was told about it by another Pampered Chef consultant and decided to try it. It’s a keeper!
Chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients needed to make it (for my cake mix it was 3 eggs, 1 cup water and 1/3 cup veggie oil)
Vanilla Ice Cream (optional)
A microwavable bowl with cover (The Pampered Chef Rice cooker or the new Round Baker (stoneware) both work well)
1. Mix cake according to directions
2. Pour about 1/2 of the cake mix into the microwavable bowl (I used the Pampered Chef new round stoneware baker)
3. In the middle put 1/2 to 3/4 of the frosting
4. Cover with remaining cake mix. It’s ok if you don’t use all the cake mix. When I did my cake went over the side a little. It tastes better when you make a mess, right?
5. Cover and microwave for 10 minutes
6. Remove from microwave. Be careful, the dish will be hot!
7. Carefully cut and place in bowls or on plates. The frosting will be all melted so be careful…it can be hard to get the slices out! I used a ladle to put some the melted frosting on top of the cake in each bowl.
After removing to large slices…see the melted frosting in the bottom?
The cake with the frosting poured over it.
8. Add some vanilla ice cream if you’d like and enjoy!
It may take a time or two to figure out the exact amount of cake mix/frosting you like and what works in your dish. Don’t be discouraged…try again!
What’s your favorite, easy dessert to make?
Linking up with: