May 30, 2012

Start of Summer

One of my absolute favorite things to do in the summer is to bring the pups to Fort Worden.  So when we had a warm Saturday and DH didn’t have to work, we loaded up the car and headed out.

It takes us about an hour to get there and the ride is pretty.  We get to go over the Hood Canal Bridge and there are views of the mountains on and off along the way.  Joey did amazingly well during the car ride.  He often whines and barks but not this time.  We’re hoping he’s getting the hang of riding in the car.

We like this beach because there usually aren’t too many people 2012-05-26 14.57.25there and once again we weren’t disappointed.  It was breezy but still warm…just enough so you weren’t sweating.  There is drift wood by the dunes and sometimes you come across it in tide as well.  By the dunes it’s rocky but then gets sandy as the beach meets the water.   The water is cold as the Pacific tends to be, even for this New England girl who grew up swimming in the Atlantic.  I usually only put my toes in.  Molly doesn’t seem to care about the temperature, she plunges in every. single. time.  She LOVES the water.  Joey, not so much.  The Man did throw him in and get got out as quickly as possible.  Joey did enjoy sniffing around the beach so he was a happy as Molly was in the water.

2012-05-26 14.09.38After throwing the ball for Molly awhile and walking down the beach so Joey could smell to his hearts content, we rested on some driftwood.  Joey found some smaller driftwood to chew one while Molly tried to get us to keep throwing the ball.  It’s just a nice time, walking and enjoying the sunshine and beauty.

Some more photos:

2012-05-26 15.05.03

2012-05-26 14.21.41 (1)2012-05-26 15.44.19

3 comments:

  1. This makes me miss the NW! I love it out there and I would LOVE to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Fort Worden! Glad you guys had a nice time and wish I could be there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you will get to come back! We love it too:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!