May 9, 2013

Milspouse Appreication Day

Happy Milspouse Appreciation Day!

In my short time as a milspouse, I’ve known some amazing spouses and some not so amazing spouses (you know the ones, the drama lllamas, dog tag chasers, the rank wears, the entitled ones.) Most of them are amazing, holding things together so their sailors/soldiers/airmen can do their jobs and not worry about the home front.  You may complain because yes, it sucks, the constant moving and the work ups and deployments but at the end of the day you love your spouse.  So you keep on keeping on, you hold everything together, sometimes one minute at a time.  You hold back tears and shed them in private so no one will know how weak you feel.  You’re not weak.  You’re strong and you hold one knowing that at the end of it all, that person you married makes it all worth it.

Thank you for what you do. 


If this is your first time visiting Many Waters, Welcome!  If you’ve been here before, Welcome Back!  I’m glad you stopped by. 

MSADLU

I’m Poe and I’ve been married to The Man for almost 4 years.  Our daughter was born last July.  She’s amazing and I love being her Mama.  The Man was a submariner in the Navy but he separated about a week after Munchkin was born.  He’s in the IRR (Individual Ready Reserve.)  I don’t really consider myself a milspouse anymore but I do have a military ID and we have base/NEX/commissary privileges so maybe I am?  I understand the lifestyle and the difficulties that come with it.   I 543372_10150907347218495_1004796781_nmiss seeing my husband in uniform and having the bed to myself on duty nights.  I am enjoying the fact that The Man gets home at the same time everyday and the fact there there are no more deployments in our future.

I mostly blog about our life and being a mom.  You’ll find posts on what Munchkin is up too, what I’m cooking in the kitchen, my random thoughts, and different things we’re doing in the lovely PNW

I’d love to connect with you! Please let me know you stopped by, even if you only say hi.  I’ll visit back but it might take me a little bit as the next few days are going to be a little crazy for us.  I’m on Twitter a lot and that’s a great place to find me.  I’m also on Facebook and Google+.  If you’d like to read more on the blog, you can follow via Bloglovin’,  You could follow via GFC but since it’s going away it really wouldn’t make sense too!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining in... and yes, you are still a MilSpouse =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you've been there and done that, you STILL get my appreciation! Our lifestyle is not for the weak at heart! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!