My friend Fran from Freeborboleta honored me with the Liebster award. It’s been awhile since I’ve gotten one so I thought it would be fun to do. Plus, she came up with great questions!
LIEBSTER AWARD – THE RULES
Thank the person who nominated you and link them in your post.
Tell 11 random facts about yourself.
Answer the 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you.
Choose 11 blogs you like and link them in your post.
Write 11 questions for these bloggers, so they can answer them.
Go to their page and let them know that you nominated them.
1. In real life I’m not a rule breaker. At all. I very much like to follow the rules.
2. I’m going to rebel and break the Liebster Award rules and not share ten facts about me. I shared some back in October so you can go read those if you want!
3. If there is something you’re dying to know, let me know in the comments and I’ll do my best to answer.
Now on to the fun part, Fran’s questions:
1. If you had to move to a city you’ve never been to, which one would you choose?
I’ve already done this! After college I moved to Changchun, China to teach English to Chinese high school students. From there I moved to Viet Nam, spending a year each in Hai Phong and in Thai Nguyen.
Now? Singapore. The Man has been and really liked it there. It’s pretty Westernized and I think the adjustment wouldn’t be too bad.
2. What’s your favorite thing to order from Starbucks?
It depends on the season. During the winter, I get a non-fat mocha, lite whip. In the summer, I like to get a refresher, usually the lime one. Sometimes I’ll get a double chocolatey chip frappicino. In the fall, I like to get either a nonfat gingerbread latte, lite whip or a caramel apple cider (it tastes like you’re drinking a caramel apple…YUM!) In December, I like to get a nonfat gingerbread late with lite whip. I like to change it up so I don’t get bored!
3. Pie or cake? And which kind?
The correct answer is chocolate. It can be pie or cake, I don’t care, as long as it’s chocolate. I do like other kinds of pie, like apple and pumpkin and berry. When it comes to cake though…it must be chocolate. Marble is ok and I just don’t understand vanilla cake. What’s the point?
4. You’ve won an all-paid trip of your dreams, where would you go?
I’d do an around the world trip. There are so many places I want to go! Highlight would include Ireland, Norway, Luxemburg, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Croatia, Thailand, Cambodia, Loas, Vietnam, China, Japan and Tahiti. I haven’t been to most of these countries and some of them I want to visit again.
Can you guess the different place in the pictures? I’ll give you a hint: They are all in Asia!
5. Which book would you like to insert yourself in and why?
I’d love to be in the Narnia series, especially The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. It’s my favorite book in the series (the movie is horrible. I don’t want to be in the movie!) It’s full of adventure and I think it would be fun. I also want to hug Reepicheep, not that he would let me. I think he’s cute!
6. Name 1 historical figure or fictional character with whom you’d like to have dinner. Why him/her?
I’d like to have a small dinner party with Mr. & Mrs. Darcy and Mr. & Mrs. Bingley. I think it would be fun to converse with them. And I want a tour of Pemberly!
7. Which time-period would you like to live in?
This one is hard. There are several that appeal to me on a “romantic” level, like midevil times. But I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be part of the nobility living in castles (which are drafty and don’t seem too comfy) but would be working my fingers off in a hovel.
The other time period that appeals to me is during the Wild West. I think it would have been interesting to be a settler moving west into unknown territories, claiming land and taming it. It would have been a lot of hard work but how satisfying. Can you imagine traveling the Oregon Trail (and not dying along the way?) I think living in the west in all that wide open space instead of the crowded cities in a tenement and working in a factory.
So honestly, I think I’m quite happy living right now.
As awesome as Chicago is, I prefer New York style pizza. I grew up in MA and went to college right out side NYC, so my answer makes sense. Garlic knots as a side are AMAZING as well. Pizza was #1 on my must eat list when we visited NYC last month. I was a happy girl when we got slices TWICE!
9. What’s your favorite recipe?
This is a hard one. The first one that comes to mind is Collard Greens Stew with Chorizo & Garlic. This recipe is OUTSTANDING! You need to try it, even if you don’t think you like collard greens. It is so, so good.
10. If you could rid the would of one thing, what would it be?
The gray hairs that are appearing with alarming regularity. How many I see depends on where my part is. Some days I don’t see any. Other days there are a ton. I’ve been toying with the idea of dying my hair but I don’t have the energy to keep it up.
11. If you had to dye your hair a crazy, non-conventional color, what color would you choose?
I’d do a bright, non natural red. Or maybe purple. In high school a few friends and I dyed some strands of our hair green and purple while at school. My hair is so dark you could barely see it. I don’t think I could do a whole head of a funky color for more than a day or two.
1. If you were going to pick an author to write your autobiography, who would you pick?
2. If you could do any job, without worrying about paying for school to get the skills needed, what job would you pick? Why?
3. You win a million dollars. What do you do with it?
4. What is one thing you want to accomplish this year?
5. What’s your favorite Disney character? Why?
6. If you could run the Amazing Race, who would you run it with? Why?
7. What’s your favorite city? Why do you love it?
8. Would you participate in a Flash Mob? What kind? (Dancing, playing an instrument?)
9. What do you prefer, dogs or cats? Why?
10. What’s your favorite sport to watch in the Winter Olympics? In the Summer games?
11. Please rank, from favorite to least favorite: planes, trains, automobiles and boats. Why?
Cat at Cartwheels and Windmills
Wifey at Wife of a Sailor
Abby at Life is Wonderific
Kristy at Twist & Sprinkle
Jenn at Life with the Lieutenant
Jodi at Jodi Bean’s Blog
YOU! If you answer the questions, let me know! I’d love to read your answers.