April 11, 2014

Crustless Quiche

Many Waters Crustless QuicheI must admit that one my favorites parts of the quiche is the crust.  I love a good, flaky crust.  I’m already keeping an eye on my carbs due to developing gestational diabetes with Munchkin.  (I must admit I have slacked a little as oyster crackers and pretzels have been my go to snack with nausea.)  Even though I like to eat crust, I don’t like making it so I usually sweet talk The Man into making it.  He didn’t have time so that was another good reason to go crustless.  Whatever the reason, this quiche was still yummy!



I didn’t follow any specific recipe but consulted several.  I used what I had on hand.  Everyone in the house ate it…Nana, The Man, and Munchkin.  The Man even said it was yummy and that I should make it again soon!

Ingredients:
7 eggs
1/2 small onion, diced
Bell peppers, whatever colors you’d like. I used 3 small, one red, one yellow and one orange, diced
3 slices Canadian bacon, cut into strips
1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 cup of milk
4 oz diced Ham (I bought prediced ham with not added nitrates but leftover ham would work too!)
Salt & pepper to taste
Steps:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2.  Heat some olive oil in a pan.  Once it’s hot, add the onion.  cook for about 3-4 minutes and add the pepper.  Continue to cook until the onion is translucent and the pepper is a little soft.
Many Waters Onion and Pepper
3.  In a bowl, add the eggs and whip until all the yolks are broken and mixed in.  Add milk, cheese and Canadian bacon.  Once the onion and pepper are finished, add to the bowl and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste (though don’t actually taste the raw egg, EW!)
Many Waters Egg Mixture 
4.  In the bottom of your pie plate (if you’re using glass for metal, grease well.  I used stoneware and greasing isn’t necessary) spread the ham around evenly.  Pour the egg mixture on top. Top with some grated cheese
Many Waters Quiche Making
5.  Bake in the oven 30-45 minutes or until a knife stuck in the middle comes up clean.  Cut, serve and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Yum! I think I will try this with the leftover ham we are sure to have after Easter dinner. Thank for the recipe! Have a great week. http://twoteensandtheirmama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE quiche but the fam are not fans. Maybe without the crust, they'll like it more. They aren't carb lovers like me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't made quiche in years and never without crust! Thanks for the recipe. Pinning. Thanks for linking up at the Bloggers Brags Weekly Pinterest party

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sweet-talks my husband into making pie crust for me. I loathe making crust (and usually opt for the store bought variety *gasp*). I've never made a full crustless quiche before, but did make mini-crustless quiches to eat prior to the tough mudder. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!