May 11, 2015

For The Spouse Of An Alcoholic

I’ve shared several times that my husband, The Man is an alcoholic. It’s not a secret, I just don’t write about it frequently.  I’ve had a post in my head for over a year about things that I think spouses of an alcoholic should know.  I never sat down to write it cause there was always something else to write about or no time to write at all.

Then recently my friend Vanessa asked me to write about supporting your alcoholic husband for the Sisters of Katie Luther, of which she is an associate editor.  I said sure since this post has been in my head for ages and this was a good reason to get it out.  So I wrote it and then went to hit the send button. I couldn’t and it surprised me. It wasn’t until then that I realized how deeply personal this piece is. I feel exposed in it.  I don’t share super personal stuff but writing me made me rethink and relive some of time when my husband was working at getting sober.  That time was emotional for me in so many ways and a lot of those emotions resurfaced.

If you’re the spouse of an alcoholic, I think (or at least I like to think) that you’ll agree with many of my points.  If your spouse in not a alcoholic, then what I wrote might give you a small glimpse into what it is like to have an alcoholic spouse. 


If you’d like to read it, you can find it here.

Poekitten Signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!