September 22, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


 FOR TODAY, September 22, 2010

Outside my window...It's sunny and I'm betting it's a bit warm.  I haven't been outside yet but everyday I've been here it's been warm...a nice change from the 60's at home!  

I am thinking...about my upcoming flights and how I have to fly to the east coast to fly to the west; about home and wondering how my plants are doing, how the kitties & puppy are and how much I'm looking forward to seeing my husband!  I've missed him.

I am thankful for...so many things!  I'm thankful for the time I had with my grandmother when I was a child and for the memories I now have.  I'm thankful I was able to make it to her funeral.  I'm thankful I was able to see my Aunts & Uncles again...it can be hard with us all spread out, from WA to FL to MA and places in between.  I'm thankful I was able to see and spend time with my grandpa again.  I'm thankful he's happy and where he wants to be.

From the kitchen...I've been eating out for the past 5 days and I'm ready for a home cooked meal!  I'm not sure what we have in our fridge...I may have to go grocery shopping tomorrow.  There were a few pans that I wanted my husband to clean while I was gone....I'm hoping he's done it!

I am wearing...jeans and a striped top.  I get cold on airplanes.

I am creating...My grandmother loved jewelry and she had a lot of costume items.  I was able to get a few of them and I'm looking forward to using them in some projects.  I have a really pretty cameo broach and a largish cross pendant along with some smaller pins.  I know I'll be able to use them and then remember Granny when I see them.

I am going...home!  I'll be leaving for the airport soon.  From Little Rock, AR I'll be headed to Charlotte, NC and then on to Seattle, WA.  Have I mentioned how annoying it is to fly to the east coast to then head west?!?!?  

I am reading...Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis.  I'm only a few pages into it.

I am hoping...for a smooth flight.  That Grandpa will be okay. 

I am hearing...the water running in another room and the traffic outside.

Around the house...it's clean!  My husband told me he was cleaning when I talked to him last night.

One of my favorite things...time with loved ones.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  return phone calls & emails, play with the puppy, kiss my husband and enjoy life. 

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
I love old photos!  This was taken in 1982 with my cousins & grandparents.  I'm the middle chewing on the plastic snake...I must have been hungry!


You can read more daybook entries On Peggy's Daybook blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!