October 3, 2010

Attempting to be Crafty

I've been looking at some crafty blogs and I've been wanting to try some things.  I saw these at Increasingly Domestic and knew I wanted to make them.  I don't have baby food jars but I have been saving a couple of the jars that yeast come in.  They are dark and I knew they would be useful for something.  I just didn't know what.  Until I saw this.  And as much as I've come to enjoy watching football with the man, I sometimes need something else to do.  So when I couldn't take the suspense of the game anymore I got out my newly purchased paint, brushes and the clean jars.

It's fun to start with this:



And end up with this:






I'm  not the best at painting.  The eyes aren't the same size and the wavy mouth is a little messy but I still think they're cute.  Maybe some more practice would help?


I'm excited to make some more things...but first I'm going to paint the sewing room.  I can't wait to get that done so I can get all unpacked and organized.  Than I'll starting being even more crafty!

And in case you were wondering, The Ducks won, 52-31.

1 comments:

  1. aww... those are cute! And it would be a fun craft with little kids too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!