October 8, 2010

Friday Fill-In

YAY for Friday!  And it's not just any Friday...It's the Friday of the 3 day weekend.  Love it!  We don't have much planned. Yet.

Anyway, if you want to join in the Friday Fill-In fun, just head over to Wife of a Sailor to join in.  Don't forget to say "Hi" to Wifey! 


MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

1.  What is the longest road trip you've ever taken?

Start
The longest road trip I've ever taken took place during the Summer of 09.  It happened right after The Man & I got married.  We loaded up a trailer with all my belonging and drove from Southeastern MA to Western WA.  3089.93 miles.  5 days.  Gorgeous country.  2 crying, whining cats.  It was great fun.  Especially the camping with said cats in Yellowstone.  In a tent.  in 37 degree weather.  In August.  I called it Marriage Test # 1.  We passed with flying colors! 
Us in WA.  We made it!



2.  Do you collect anything? Tell us a bit about it.

I collect a few things.  First is my small elephant statue collection.  I started when I was living in Asia.  The statues are small and easy to carry, which is important when you're trying to travel light.  I liked to buy them from places I was visiting.  I have one from Cambodia, one from Thailand, and two from Viet Nam.  Only 4 but they make me smile when I look at them.  I love elephants.  I think they are majestic animals.  They're fun to ride too!

I also collect material.  I like to quilt so when I see and fabric that I really like I buy some for my stash.  I have a tub (or two) of material.  The Man tried to tell me that I had to use what I had before I buy more and I just laughed at him.  That hasn't happened.  My stash has a lot of batiks and Asian inspired fabrics.   

3.  What is your favorite part about being an adult?

 I asked The Man what he thought and he said independence.  But it's also the thing he dislikes the most.  Sometimes life would be easier is someone would make decisions for you!  

My favorite part is the adventures I've been able to take.  College was an adventure, as was living in Asia for three years.  One could call teaching in the public schools an adventure too.  Marriage is an adventure...one that I'm loving.  It isn't always easy.   But it's worth it.  Being a Navy wife is an adventure as well!

4.  What song brings a tear to your eye? 

Well, it depends.  If The Man is deployed than just about anything mushy that reminds me of him.  There are also times when any patriotic song makes me tear up.  But anytime I hear Walking Her Home by Mark Schultz I tear up.  I can usually hold it somewhat together till the end, where he's laying in bed with her and she's dying.  Then I turn into waterworks.  I can't listen to it when I'm driving cause then I can't see where I'm going.

So at one point this worked and was a video of Walking Her Home from YouTube.  It worked yesterday but not today.  Silly Blogger.  Maybe it's tired?  Or I didn't do something right?  I'm going to leave it in case it decides to work again.  Anyone know what I did wrong...please help!!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u9CZIBNxNe8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u9CZIBNxNe8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>


 5.  Describe your first plane ride (how old you were, where you were heading, etc).

I don't remember my first plane ride.  I was around 2 and I was flying to Boston, MA from Little Rock, Arkansas with my mom.  What made this trip so memorable is that I puked on my mom while we were in the air.  She had a change of clothes for me but not for her.  She cleaned up the best she could but there's only so much you can do.  She's told me she was the last one of the plane and that she got a lot of sympathetic looks from other people.  She was pretty stinky.  I think she was pretty happy to get home.





Don't forget to head over to The Life of an Army Wife to link up for the Milspouse Weekly Round Up!

3 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I collect small elephants, too. Or at least I'm starting to. I have three small glass elephants from Venice who link tails and trunks (from my husband), and I have a bead and wire elephant from South Africa (from my sister).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so impressed that you drove completely across the country with two cats and such short time! You're my hero.

    And hooray for the 3-day weekend! I hope you have a fun one :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!