November 19, 2010

Hope

Hope is an amazing thing.  The past 24 hours have been a bit rough.  I'm not comfortable going into detail on a such a public forum.  I have no control over who reads my blog and while I'm ok with that, there are some things I am not willing to share.  I can be a bit of a control freak.  The topsy turvy feelings and what caused them are not going to be shared.  But I will share that I have hope.  I didn't for a few hours but now that I do, however small, has made a huge difference in the outlook of my day and the coming days.  More info will be coming but for now I am ok.

I looked hope up and this definition best suits today:  to believe, desire, or trust.  I have no idea what the outcome of the situation is going to be.  I am believing and trusting for the best.  I am trusting God that His will will be done.  God was not surprised by what happened.  He knew it was coming.  He has been in control the entire time.  I know what I want for the outcome to be.  However, I believe that God wants what is best for us and He will do that.  I want what HE wants.  Whatevere happens, we will be ok.  God uses bad for good even if we don't see it right away.

I've been clinging to to James 1:2-5.  It goes like this:

2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds,  3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  4 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.  5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

(Random side note...I tried italizing the verse but it wouldn't work.  Now I can't unitalize this part.  Does Blogger hate me today?)

I've been trying to find  joy in this.  Haven't found it yet.  I am confident that God is working in me so that I will not be lacking in anything.  He is good, all the time.  I've had moments when I haven't know what to pray or have been unable to pray...I am thankful that the Holy Spirit has been praying on my behalf.  What comfort I have in knowing I am not alone!

As I've been typing this, Isaiah 40 came to mind.  I have loved this chapter for years and have turned there many times.  The whole chapter is amazing but I've focused on verses 21-31 today.

 21 Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
Has it not been told you from the beginning?
Have you not understood since the earth was founded?
 22 He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth,
and its people are like grasshoppers.
He stretches out the heavens like a canopy,
and spreads them out like a tent to live in.
 23 He brings princes to naught
and reduces the rulers of this world to nothing.
 24 No sooner are they planted,
no sooner are they sown,
no sooner do they take root in the ground,
than he blows on them and they wither,
and a whirlwind sweeps them away like chaff.
 25 “To whom will you compare me?
Or who is my equal?” says the Holy One.
 26 Lift your eyes and look to the heavens:
Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host one by one,
and calls them each by name.
Because of his great power and mighty strength,
not one of them is missing.
 27 Why do you say, O Jacob,
and complain, O Israel,
“My way is hidden from the Lord;
my cause is disregarded by my God”?
 28 Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
 29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
 30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
 31 but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

I have hope because of Jesus.  It is well with my soul, no matter what may be happening.

I would be honored to have you pray with us.  I am praying that God's will be done and that there will be peace no matter the outcome.  Thank you! 


8 comments:

  1. I hope everything is okay. Cling to your hope, it will make all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. always have hope...everything comes in good time. keep your head high and your prayers will be answered

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you are going through a tough time. I want to offer words of encouragement, but don't want to say the wrong thing. You're right- hope is wonderful, and I'm glad that your faith is helping you through it. Isn't that what it's there for? :)

    Here's to a better day today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope everything is okay with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be praying for you and God's will.

    And here's how to fix your italics problem (happens to me with bold a lot). Go into "Edit HTML" on your edit page and find the < i > and < /i > tags. (Sorry I had to add spaces in there so you can see what I'm talking about.) Delete the ones around the things you don't want italicized and put it around the verse you want. You may have to play with your < div > tags too. Blogger drives me nuts with this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry things are a rough right now. I'll be praying for you. Just hold on to the hope.

    ReplyDelete
  7. God's will will be done!! Hold your Hope close to your heart... and believe in it.. Keep your faith. Sending prayers your way. Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you're already in the right direction as to how to react with what you are currently deal with. But praying for more hope and comfort to head towards you way!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!