November 13, 2010

A Month of Thanks; Health

I'm thankful that I'm healthy.  That my husband is healthy.  My parents are healthy.  (Well, dad's doing well for him.)  That my in-laws are healthy.  I'm not saying that all of us are in perfect health.  But to the best of my knowledge we are all doing well and if there is an issue, it's being seen or is in process of being taken care of.

I've never been seriously sick.  The worst I've had is a kidney stone and a dislocated ankle.  My dad on the other hand has had cancer. Twice.  It's a miracle that he's still alive.  He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 1997 (he was also diagnosed with cancer in 1989).  He's had surgery and chemo and radiation.  His insides have been rearranged.  He's developed diabetes and has other health issues as a result.  These health issues affect his whole life.  He was very sick right before my wedding and spent the weeks leading up to it in the hospital.  I was so thankful that he was able to walk me down the aisle.  It meant a lot of both of us, to my mom and to our family that he was there.  He is truly a miracle.  While I don't know what it's like to be sick, I know what it is like to have someone in your family sick.  It's draining, for everyone.  I am so thankful that we are healthy now.  I realize that one of us could get sick tomorrow, so I'm going to enjoy them today. 


What are you thankful for today?


Don't forget to link up if you've written about something you're thankful for!  You can link up here. I don't have a fancy button but I would love to read what you are thankful for!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!