January 17, 2011

Dying...

My laptop that is.  It's dying.  It's been a slow death.  It all started when the right hinge started coming apart.  The corner has broken off.  Yesterday afternoon the other hinge came apart.  The screen no longer stays up on it's own.


I'm very sad.  I'm going to be getting one of the small netbooks to replace it.  Since the laptop is still working as long as the screen is propped up, I'll leave the laptop on my desk.  I don't think I'll be able to handle Zuma blitz on such a small screen.  I'm looking forward to the smaller computer to bring to shows with me.  It will make my bag a little lighter which is nice.

Good-bye my faithful laptop.  I'm sorry there will be no more traveling for you.  Thank you for accompaning me to so many places...you came with me to school, countless shows, coffee shops and three cross country drives.  You've had a long, useful life.  I hope you enjoy your retirement years!

8 comments:

  1. We seem to have a lot in common. Guess what happened last night? My laptop died. I am off to the apple store this morning to see if it is fixable. I hope you end up liking the net book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWW, what a sad day.... but at least the friend will still have a place in your heart and on your desk. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That exact same thing is happening to my Dad's computer! I think you'll like the small notebook though...they are so light and perfect for bringing to coffee shops! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :( That's sad. I'm sorry your laptop is on its last legs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That happened to my friend Molly but she duct taped the whole shebang for a while to keep the screen upright. lemme just tell ya, it was a horror to look at, LOL! Sorry to hear about your laptop, maybe soon it will be off to greener pastures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. tagged u for an award on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My old laptop decided to act crazy a few weeks before Christmas, but it was still under the 4 year warranty that I purchased, so I sent it in for one last repair. Being the internet addict that I am, I can't live without my computer for too long, so I bought a new Sony Vaio. My husband uses my old laptop now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sad for your computer. My husband had a Dell (for a million years) that was just beat to crap. So many of these photos look just like his did! After all the road trips and traveling, it was just DONE. You're definitely due for a new one!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!