January 11, 2011

News

Source
Some of you might remember that back in November I posted about Hope.  Things were a little crazy due to a family crisis.  I'm still not going to go into detail (maybe someday!) but since then things have been up in the air.  Our future was very unsure.  I know that our future is always unsure-God can do what he wants, when he wants- but I like to have plans.  I'm totally OK with the plans changing but I like having a game plan. 

We've been without a game plan for the past two months.  It's felt like a black cloud has been hanging over me.  I got through Christmas OK...it was great having The Man home for that...but once that ended, I've just felt this weight.  I haven't want to do much.  I've become anti-social and haven't had the energy to do anything.  The house is a mess and I'm currently growing a puppy from the dog hair floating around the house.  Thankfully The Man has been understanding!

Then I got a text from The Man.  We got the news we've been waiting for.  It's good news!  It's what we've been hoping and praying for.  I feel like a HUGE weight has been lifted.  I suddenly have energy to do things and am looking forward to getting out of the house.  And cleaning the house.  I feel like ME again.  I knew the waiting was wearing on me but I hadn't realized just how much.

I'm so thankful.  God is good.  Thank you for your prayers.  There is still some adjustments going on and while they are good they take some getting used to.  God is working in us both and I'm excited for that.  I'm excited for the things to come.  I'm excited that we can have a game plan again...even if it changes.

I just keep thinking about what has happened and as I continue to share it with family & friends who know what's been going on I become more and more thankful.  God is amazing.  I'm seeing just how well He is taking care of us.  He used the good & the bad for our growth.  He uses both for HIS glory. Philippians 1:6 comes to mind:

being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

 Thank you Lord, for answered prayer.  Thank you for an answer earlier than we expected.  Thank you for second chances.  Thank you for growth and for the support of family & friends. 

What are you thankful to God for today?

3 comments:

  1. Let me know if you need anything! Even an ear to bend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you've finally got the good news! Give me a text or e-mail or even a call if you wanna chat. I hope things continue to look up and I'll keep praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad things are going well! I'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!