August 12, 2011

Happiest Place on Earth

The Man and I were originally going to go camping for our anniversary.  Kinda last minute we decided that we wanted to go to Disneyland instead.  We've been wanting to go before we have kids (since that hasn't happened yet.)
We decided to get the 3 day Salute pass that Disneyland is offering Active Duty & Retired military.  It was a perfect amount of time to enjoy Disneyland and California Adventure.  I had never been to Disneyland but The Man had been there a few times before.  It had been about 13 years since he had been there so there was still new stuff for us to explore together.
We had a great time! I love Disney.  I love the magic and how much attention is paid to even the littlest detail.  I've wanted to visit Disneyland for a long time.  I've been to Disney World several times and love it, how could I not love Disneyland too?




 I will admit that I was a little disappointed with the castle at first! I'm used to Cinderella's castle dominating the skyline as you walk up Main Street.  I actually had to look for the castle.  As my husband reminded me, this is the original and it's smaller.  Smaller doesn't mean that it's bad.  It meant that there was less walking involved, which made my feet happy!  The lands are smaller and closer together and made it easier to ride hop.  I also enjoyed the fact that it felt like there were less shops in each land and the shops that were there were small.  I felt like I was able to focus more on the rides and entertainment because I wasn't being distracted by wanting to check out another shop. 



We really enjoyed California adventure too!  Tower of Terror and the California Screamin' roller coasters were our favorite part.  I think we rode each 3-4 times.  We spent the entire day there without a break. I was cranky for a good part of the afternoon but we still managed to enjoy the 3D Muppets and the live Aladdin show.  We learned a great lesson: a mid day break is essential to have a happy Poe!

What's your favorite thing about Disney?

Don't worry...there are more vacation posts to come.  I haven't even covered rides, character pictures and food yet!

11 comments:

  1. Okay.... suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper jealous!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Disney, that's what the hubby and I are doing for our one year anniversary. Granted our drive is only 2 hours to it which is nice but we still haven't been together in the 5 years we've been together. I can't wait.

    I love the magic that Disney creates, you know the one that makes all little girls believe they are princesses and that they will find their prince charming--that's my fav part of Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, I've never been to Disneyland and was only to Disney World once for a work retreat where we had a couple of hours free to check out the area and it POURED down rain the entire time so I didn't get to see even one mouse ear! I am, however, trying to convince my sister and brother-in-law that their 5 year old twins MUST visit Disney World soon. I have every intention of tagging along! :) It looks like you both had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Disneyland. Last time I went was in 2004 when Ryan and I were dating. Been to Tokyo Disney and Disney Sea since then but miss the original. I have the opportunity to go this November but not sure if I'm going to take up on it. Glad you had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I went my senior year with the band at my highschool and had A BLAST. I definitely loved the california screamin rollar coaster. When I went on it I had my camera in the little camera holder packer and in the first dip it flew out, hovered for a second and then fell to the sand below. Luckily I hadn't been taking many pictures but there is one on there of the small group of us who vowed to stick together for the whole trip (eight of us) that I will always be sad is gone.
    We also got to play in the disney sound studio along with elephant's on parade from Dumbo. The studio is in the area no one else sees along with all the broken rides...it was kind of morbid actually. Never want to go behind the scenes again! however, we are going there in march to chaperone a band trip for chris' best friend's band. I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Living about a half an hour from Disneyland affords me the unique opportunity to be a pass holder! It is possibly my FAVORITE place on earth. My husband and I have gone every year for christmas...and I never get tired of it. Make sure to do the Toy story rides in Disneyland and California! :) I keep trying to beat my husband at them but can't. Maybe next time...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just refused to go to DisneyWorld. Growing up in Oregon you go to Disneyland. I don't want DisneyWorld to ruin Disneyland for me. I honestly love everything about Disney.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE Disney and it's been a dream of mine to go to DisneyWorld FOREVER. I made Lance promise we would go before having children, I want to be the child at least once haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tower of Terror! That thing made my stomach drop over and over and over and over - and over again. But I couldn't get enough. Glad you enjoyed your anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't been to Disneyland. I went to Disneyworld growing up. But my adventures next year will put me in cali. So I will definatly have to convince mine to go with me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ever since the day I had Caralyn my brother has been bugging us to bring her down so he can take her to Disneyland. I swear he's such a big kid! She's now almost 3 and we still haven't gotten down there. I think maybe our April leave we may head down that way. We haven't seen Josh's grandma in almost 10 years (the one and only time I've ever seen her) and I haven't been to CA since I was 14!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!