September 21, 2012

It’s Been A Year

One year ago today my daddy went home to glory.

The grief is still there and it hits at unexpected times.  It doesn’t happen as often as it did a year ago but it still comes without warning.  Out of nowhere I’ll find myself thinking of dad with tears running down my face. 

I wish he could have held my daughter.  It hurts so much that she won’t know him.  I’ll tell her of him but it won’t be the same.  I know he would have loved his granddaughter. 

Even with the pain and the grief, my beliefs haven’t changed.  I know I will see him again.  For him it will be like no time has passed.  It’s harder for us left here, as we have to go on without him.  We feel the separation much more since we are still in time.  So it’s about taking it one day at a time. 

 Richard Thomas O'Leary, Shanna Marie O'Leary, undated

Daddy, I miss you. 

2 comments:

  1. Poekitten. You And your mom are such strong people for everything that life has thrown at you this past year. Your dad was a great man and he would of love your baby. There isn't a day that has gone by for the past 365 days I havn't thought of him. It's tough for me I can only imagine what it is like for you guys. Love you guys always and miss you

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!