November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving

We were thankful to be able to spend Thanksgiving with family!  We drove down to Oregon to The Man’s hometown.  We spent the day with two of his three brothers, his parents, three nieces, two boyfriends, his brother’s girlfriend, her mom, step dad, brother and my SIL’s brother, wife and son.  Yeah, so there were a lot of us.  It was a little crazy and a lot of fun.

It was different from Thanksgivings I’m used to but different is not bad.  I enjoyed spending time with The Man’s family and letting them all meet Munchkin.  At one point Grammy pointed out that her oldest daughter was making martini’s while the youngest slept in her arms.  That’s quite the age difference!  We don’t get to see the three nieces all that often and all together even less often so that was special. 

When we were first married it took me awhile to get used to the fact that The Man’s family was now my family.  I really enjoy spending time with them and am so glad that they are my family!  I’m thankful that we are close enough that we can spend holidays with them and see them a few times during the year.

2012-11-22 15.27.52Hanging with the family before dinner.

photo (1)

A family photo

photo (2)A HUGE Qwirkle game.  We mixed 3 games together and it lasted 3 hours.  Fun times, friends, fun times!

photo (3)The oldest and youngest granddaughters.

photo (5)Grampa time!

photo (7)Getting Grammy snuggles

How was your Thanksgiving?

1 comments:

  1. The oldest and youngest look alike!! That's really wonderful to see the resemblance. Looks like all had a good time and hope grammy and grampa saved a few snuggles!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!