July 19, 2013

Cake Smash

One of the things I was looking forward to most about Munchkin’s birthday most was the cake smash.  We talked about the cake for weeks beforehand.  The Man wanted to make the cake and I thought that was a great idea.  Then about a week before her birthday he fractured his knuckle on his right hand.  He’s right handed.  I thought maybe he wouldn't want/be able to do the cake.  I was wrong.  He said he could still do it.birthday 4

He did an amazing job on the cake.  It took him 4 hours since he had to do it left handed.  I know I couldn’t decorate it like that with both my hands. It was big cake but it was all Munchkin’s!

She was tired but we decided to give her the cake anyway.  I stripped her down because we had a personalized onesie on her and I didn’t want it to get ruined.  We had our cameras ready and were excited for her to dig in…

birthday 5

She touched it and wasn’t sure about it.

birthday 6

Munchkin tasted it as still wasn’t sure.  She decided that she wanted her daddy.  The Man got down and she climbed on his lap.

birthday 7

She shared some of the frosting on her fingers with him.  I broke off a small piece of the bottom and tried to get her interested and she wanted nothing to do with it.  We decided on to push it and to try again later.

We tried again a couple of days later and she still didn’t want it.  She did however, want the grapes that Nana was eating.  So my kid doesn’t like cake and prefer fruits and veggies.  I can’t say I’m surprised as I didn’t eat birthday cake for years.  I didn’t even eat my own as a kid.  I always wanted fruit instead.  So this apple didn’t fall far from the tree at all!

6 comments:

  1. Haha! My oldest didn't like cake at first either. I was so sad...then I ate all of his cake for myself! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a super cute cake! I couldn't decorate one like that if they gave me all day and both hands haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! i didn't eat her cake but I did put a big dent in the other cake we got:) It was chocolate with strawberry filling...so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's not way I could do it either:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!