July 12, 2013

Running

About a month ago I shared that The Man talked me into doing a Tough Mudder.  There have been some changes to that.  As in that while we still want to do a Mudder, it just isn’t going to happen this year.  I have a 2 week cross country drive and a week cruise happening in the 2 months before it and The Man has fractured his hand.  Our goal is for us to tackle the Mudder in 2014.

The good news is that even with the Mudder not happening this year I’ve still been running.  I’m very proud of myself.  It’s been a huge help that I’ve been running with my friend Stevie.  It’s nice to run with someone and have them hold you accountable and encourage you!  It’s also great that we’re both about the same level.  Runner we are not (yet).  We’ve extended each week of the C25K but we have been faithfully running.  We start week 4 on Monday.

The first few runs were torture but they’ve gotten better.  I actually look forward to running though I’m usually wondering why while I’m doing the actual running.  My body has began to change and I love that I can tell.  Even though running for 3 minutes is still not easy for me, I’m starting to set big goals.  They start small with my first ever 5K in December.  After doing a few 5K’s I’d like to do some 10K’s.  Then the Tough Mudder (so maybe it will be 2015, especially if I get pregnant).  Then after the Mudder….The Disney Princess Half Marathon.  If I’m going to run 13.1 miles there’s going to have to be a lot of magic so Disney is the place to do it!  My ultimate goal to do do all of these races before I’m 40.  So I have six and half years.  I think it’s very doable!

Do you have any running/exercise related goals?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!