August 4, 2013

Four Years

When I said my vows to The Man four years ago, I didn't know how I could love him more than I did at that moment.  I knew that I would love him more in the future, I just didn't know how it would happen.  

Well, I do love him more and I still don't know how it happened. It just does.  In the growing and learning and living together, the love multiplies.

Except for one time.  There was one moment in time that I can pinpoint my love for my husband growing.  It was when he turned around and walked towards me carrying our newborn daughter seconds after she had been handed to him.  I was still being stitched up and couldn't hold her yet but the look on his face was incredible.  There was such joy and amazement and he couldn't stop looking at her.  My heart felt like it could burst it was so full of love for the two of them.

Even now, a year later, my heart overflows with love at the sight of the two of them.  My husband loves being a daddy.  I love watching him be a daddy.  I love the way he cares for our daughter.  He cares for me the same way.  Other than Jesus, we are the two most important people in his life.  He tells us with words that he loves us.  Even more importantly he tells us with actions.

For The Man:

Babe, I love you more than I can say.  Thank you for all of your support this past year, in all the obstacles we've faced together.  I know that together, with God, we can overcome anything.  This is still just the beginning, with so much more to come.  I can't wait to experience it all with you.  MUAH!

Grow old along with me!

The best is yet to be…

~Robert Browning

3 comments:

  1. How sweet. I agree- nothing like seeing our husbands as fathers. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anni1 This is suuuper sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!