September 30, 2013

Home Again

After a great week in Alaska with my mom, we’re home again in the PNW.  We were greeted with pouring rain and it has been the perfect weather to stay inside, wear warm clothes and snuggle.  That’s what we’ve been doing, as well as watching football.  Our Ducks did not disappoint on Saturday and the Seahawks didn’t either.  All of us are stuffy, not sure if it’s a cold or allergies but the results are the same.  We don’t want to do anything! 

As much as I enjoy traveling, there’s nothing like coming home.  Just being with The Man and Munchkin are enough for me.  They are my home.  Many Waters Home They had a great week.  Munchkin is such a daddy’s girl.  She was excited to see me and it wasn’t until Sunday that she really started showing how much she missed me.  She was fine all week and it didn’t seem like she missed me at all.  It hurt a little but I know that she did miss me.   She’s been snuggling with me. 

Munchkin did just fine all week without nursing.  We thought that maybe we would just consider her weaned.  Until Saturday afternoon when she was cranky and pulling at my shirt.  It’s a clear sign she wanted Mama Milk.  I wasn’t ready to wean (though is she was, I would have done it) so I was happy to be nursing again. Selfishly, it also helped take away some of the pain.  Not nursing for a week cold turkey is not fun.  It’s nice to not have a hurting breast anymore!

I know The Man missed me too.  He wrote me a sweet letter letting me know how much he appreciates all I do.  He mentioned how I should get more sleep.  I think I’ll be taking him up on that offer!  I know that even before he had the baby for week he appreciated what I do at home. Many Waters Snuggles at Home It’s nice to hear it.  I’m looking forward to a week of getting settled into our routine again.  It’s nice to know I have two and half months before I’m leaving again.  I hear the Bahamas are nice in December….

9 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a good trip, The Seattle weather has definitely turned in the past few days! We have had our heat on and soup bubbling on the stove this past week. It is nice to see the Hawk play so well too, makes my hubby's day too which is nice to see. Levi has added 'football' and 'touchdown' to his small vocab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are back! We need to get together =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home! I remember those weaning days well...they were hard, both emotionally and on my body! I nursed my older two for 13 months and the youngest for 15. I'm jealous of your rain, send some down to AZ! Thanks for linking with us for WDW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a cute little munchkin you have! Glad you had a good trip and returned home safely. Thanks for sharing at Wine'd Down Wednesday! I hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much! And thanks for hosting the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! Hope you get some rain soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so fun when they kiddos learn new stuff! I must admit I'm loving the soup and comfort food. I like a good rain and have missed it:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!