August 26, 2014

It’s Nice To See You, Third Trimester!

Part of me is having a hard time believing that I’m in the third trimester but most of me is thrilled!  Many Waters Third TrimesterI’m very much looking forward to holding this little girl in my arms and snuggle her.  I love that this time around it feels like it’s going by much faster. Maybe because with Munchkin there was so much to do, research and buy.  This time there’s not, plus I’m chasing Munchkin around.  It’s nice to not feel as clueless as I did the first time…or rather, I’m just feeling clueless about other stuff, like how to parent two kids!  I think I’m feeling more confident in our ability to handle a newborn as we’ve done it before (though I’m trying not to be too confident since every kid is different!)  I know that breastfeeding might not go as smoothly cause it’s a whole new relationship.  I’m thankful that I have experience and I know where to turn for help if I need it.  Plus, I still have my amazing support system. 



I must admit that I’m enjoying not having to research all the baby items and figure what I want and what I don’t want.  The second baby is cheaper if you still have all the baby stuff!  It’s also nice to know that we’re not crib users and that we like carrying the baby instead of carrying the infant car seat every where.  So now I get to buy more “fun stuff”, like carriers (I’m getting a Mei Tai and customizing it with Duck fabric…I can’t wait. I also want to use a woven wrap this time so I’ve been eyeing them as well!) and trying different brands and kinds of cloth diapers this time.  I’ve been focusing on getting swag bucks so I can get Amazon gift cards and buy cloth diapers that way. I’ve recently won a Bum Genius pocket diaper in Chaplin via another blog and then last night I won an Econobum trial pack of a cover and three prefolds from the cloth diaper twitter party.  I love getting cloth diapers for cheap/free!

As for being pregnant, I’m so ready to be done.  I’m 29 weeks so I still have 10-11 weeks left.  I do want Punkin to stay put as long as possible because I know it’s best for her but I’m looking forward to NOT being pregnant anymore.  And I realized that I’ll be at the beginning of nursing and getting my supply regulated during the holidays so I can eat up!  Bring on the Turkey!  I love finding perks of being pregnant and breastfeeding! Maybe lactation cookies will be making an appearance during our Christmas baking too.

I had a growth ultrasound yesterday to make sure Punkin is growing fine.  There are two issues we’re keeping an eye on.  One, that she’s not getting too big from the GD.  Two, that she’s not too small due to the two vessel umbilical cord.  I’m happy to say that Punkin is average at the moment, coming in in the 53% for her growth.  It was great getting to see her.  My favorite parts are seeing her spine and her heart.  We got a great view of her heart, all four chambers were happily pumping away.  She didn’t want us to see her face and she was all curled up in only a way a baby can be.  It was reconfirmed that she’s still a girl.  I was very glad about that cause I don’t want to return all the cute clothes we’ve gotten for her!  We have another growth scan in 5 weeks.  I’m wondering if we’ll be able to see hair then!

I had some sciatic pain for about a week.  I don’t know why no one ever told me how painful it was.  Seriously, why do we keep quiet about this stuff?!?!  It was some of the worst pain I’ve ever had in my life.  I’d rather go 6 hours with pitocin contractions and no epidural than do that again!  I told The Man I wanted an epidural for the sciatic pain!  Not much helped it.  I’m praying it doesn’t come back because if it does I’m not sure how I’ll make it through. 

And one more photo before I close.  I love this one, with a little peek of my belly and getting kisses from Munchkin.  This photo was taken in Spokane, WA.  We stopped there on our way to and from our niece’s wedding in Montana.  For some reason my husband didn’t want to do the drive in a day with a very pregnant wife and a two year old.  He’s a smart, smart man!  The drive wasn’t that bad and I’m glad we did it in two days each way.  It made it way more bearable.  I don’t think I could have done it in a day.  It was great to see family but a little sad because we don’t know when we’ll see some of them again.  Next time who knows how big Punkin (and Munchkin too!) will be.
Many Waters Third Tri belly M kisses and a clock tower

7 comments:

  1. Sciatic pain is the worst! Luckily I never had it too badly, but it would hit if I tried to carry my son during Little Miss's pregnancy. It was awful! Congrats on the 3rd tri!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making it to the 3rd trimester! You're in the home stretch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo, 3rd Trimester!! She'll be here before you know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She will be and we're ready to meet her:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really is. Why does no one talk about it?!?! People should be warned!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts, so please share! If you know us in real life, please refrain from using our names to help us keep some semblance of privacy.

Also, I ignore comments that only ask for a follow back. The best way to get me to YOUR blog is to leave comment showing that you've read SOMETHING on my blog. Thanks!